Forest School is temporarily on hold due to Covid-19 restrictions not allowing us to travel to our Forest School provision at St Mary's Primary School.
What is Forest School?
Forest School is an innovative educational approach to outdoor play and learning. The philosophy of Forest School is to encourage and inspire individuals of any age through positive outdoor experiences. Read more in our blogs here.
What happens at Forest School?
Children will take part in a programme of sessions, which are theme led but are flexible to accommodate child led learning.
Children are encouraged to take care of themselves and their peers, and are given responsibility, such as supervised use of tools and possibly fire lighting. We go out in all weathers making sure that children are suitably dressed and that conditions are safe. All activities are thoroughly risk assessed, staff encourage safe risk taking.
Benefits for your children
- Group cohesion and a sense of community
- Understanding own and others’ needs, developing empathy
- Lots of new skills
- Understanding of healthy choices
- Heightened self awareness and behaviour modification
- Understanding how to stay safe
- Knowledge of the natural environment
- Loads of fun
“There is no bad weather only inappropriate clothing”